Thursday, September 25, 2014

"Wallpaper"

An apartment has to be the worst living arrangement for a crafter. I can't put up curtains, shelves, and flooring. The worst part for me is the walls. I hate houses with walls that are all one colour. My solution was to make some "wallpaper."

Chevron is everywhere right now so I decided to take advantage of that and apply scrapbook paper to the bathroom walls. 

(It's really hard to get a good picture of the whole wall when there's another wall right there)


Supplies:

  • 12"x 12" Scrapbook paper in at least 10 different patterns or 1 colour (packs are great because everything will coordinate nicely)
  • Painter's tape
  • Pencil
  • Ruler
  • Scissors 

Draw a line straight down the middle of your paper. 


Make a mark down the center line of your paper every four inches. Make marks on the sides so that you have nine marks total.


Connect your dots so that you get that lovely chevron pattern.


I started at the bottom of the wall and worked my way up with each level. Make tape loopies with your painter's tape and stick to both sides of your parallelogram. I left a little space between each piece so that the whole effect looked more even. I very accurately used the measurement of one finger width. I had to trim the rightmost piece to fit the wall. 


For the next level I held a piece right above the taped piece and then added another tape-prepped piece above that one. Keep going up the wall and make sure everything stays straight. In no time you'll have a trendy and fun wall amidst the blah walls of a rental.















No comments:

Post a Comment