Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wedding Bouquet Part 3

In the first post about wedding bouquet construction I showed you how to make origami lilies.

The second post showed how to make paper roses. 

This post will finish up the project by showing the final bouquet construction.



Materials:

Waterfall bouquet holder
20 origami lilies of various sizes
15 book page roses of various sizes
Full fake flowers in the wedding color
Fake filler leaves
Spray foam (optional)

In the first post I mentioned picking up one of these waterfall bouquet holders. This will make things a lot easier. 

However, my wedding is over and I want to frame my bouquet so I'm going to use this flat disc floral foam. The shape is the same, just missing the handle so just follow along in the same way. 


So you have your larger and smaller roses and lilies. Take the larger flowers and clip the stems of 5 lilies and 4 roses as seen below. 


Stick the flowers into the base so that there is even coverage. 


Take three of each flower and cut the stems at about 12" and bend the end closest to the flower so that you have a squared edge as seen below. 


Insert the flowers at the bottom edge of the bouquet holder so that the flowers are facing outward. Don't worry if they spin about at the moment. As you add more flowers they will stay pretty still. 


Continue adding flowers in the same method, adding inches to the stem each time to make a cascading look. Also use the smaller flowers at the bottom.


These are the fillers that I used for my bouquet. I wanted a little bit of color while still keeping the whimsical homemade look so I chose silver leaves and sparkly purple flowers. Just make sure to pick something that will be easy to cut and arrange within your bouquet. 


There's really no measurements involved in this step. Just cut and stab into the foam. Keep adding flowers until you are satisfied with the result. Be very careful to not overwork the foam. I lost a couple of flowers walking down the aisle because the stems of those purple flowers were rather thick. In hindsight I would have sprayed the bouquet holder with that canned foam so that everything was tight. 


The gorgeous final result! The best part is that this bouquet cost only $20! I also loved the flair that this bouquet had. Crafty flowers and DIY represent me much better than any bought bouquet ever could. 


I hope these posts help you build a bouquet all your own. If you do take up this project please send pictures! I would love to see the results. Good luck and happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment