Friday, May 2, 2014

Crack Cookies

I've been a little lax about posting lately. Two jobs, moving, and all my at-home projects have been keeping me swamped. Excuses, excuses, I know. But now my husband is on an underway so I suddenly have too much time on my hands. Any spouse who spends weeks at a time alone knows that nothing makes them miss their loved one more than idle time. So here I am!



And here is what I have for you today. These are crack cookies. No, they don't contain any form of narcotics. But they do have a veeeery addictive quality. Have you heard about the comparison between Oreos and cocaine recently? It's like that. These are the Lays potato chips of cookies. I bet you can't eat just one. And the best part? They're super easy to make. Oh and customizable. I'm not sure which is better. Actually, no, the taste is the best part. I don't know. I'm conflicted. Make them and be the judge for me.

Cream cheese and butter. The perfect start to any recipe. Amiright? Cream those room temperature suckers together until they're so fluffy that you want to use it as a pillow. 


Stir in vanilla and your egg. Here's where the customization part comes in. I usually use yellow cake mix for these cookies, but you can use any flavor that your heart desires. I also really love making these with strawberry cake mix. Drool. Anyway, add 1/3 of the cake mix until incorporated and do the same with the next 1/3. Mix the remaining cake mix in by hand. 


Not the sexiest looking dough in the world, but looks can be deceiving. Pop the bowl in the fridge for half an hour so that the dough is nice and stiff. Spoon onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 11-15 minutes or until just set. You don't want to brown them too much. They're best when they're a little soft.  


Pour yourself a nice glass of almond milk and have a cookie. Or two. Or three.......


Crack Cookies

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature 
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 package yellow cake mix

Directions

Cream butter and cream cheese together at medium speed in the bowl of a stand mixer for five minutes. Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla. 

Add cake mix, 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the last third by hand, mixing with a spoon. Chill for 30 minutes. 

Heat oven to 375°F. Drop by leveled teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until very lightly browned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment