Friday, June 20, 2014

Home-made Laundry Detergent

Up until we moved, we had to pay for the community washer and dryer. It cost us $3.50 a load! We wore jeans and shorts for a week until I could bring myself to spend that much money on wash. My habit of changing sheets weekly turned into changing sheets monthly. Yuck. With all that money spent on merely running the washer and dryer, I couldn't stand buying laundry detergent.




So I made my own for soooo much less. I am a cheapskate through and through and I am so happy that I made the switch to this home-made laundry detergent. I also love that it's not liquid. I've always hated using the liquid detergent. Drips were inevitable and so sticky. This method is nice and neat.



2 bars of soap (I used a shea butter bar for added softness and a nice scent)
2 cups super washing soda
2 cups borax

Grate the soap using a medium sized grater. Mix all the ingredients together. That's it. So easy and so cheap. I don't know the final cost since I already had the borax and super washing soda on hand. But I know it didn't come out to too much!


Now time for laundry! Yay! I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment