Monday, February 24, 2014

Passion Fruit Lemonade

I love tea, but I can be somewhat of a tea snob. I only like tea that actually has tea leaves in it. Herbal teas just make me feel like I'm drinking flowers. Unfortunately, friends and family know I drink tea so they buy it as gifts. They always give me those tea towers that have ten different types of tea bags which I never drink. I offer them to company when they come over, but I still end up with a bunch of flowery teas.





My solution was to make an Arnold Palmer.




I'm used to living in an area where it's snowing through March, but right now I'm in Virginia and it's 50°F which is amazing. T-shirts in February? Unimaginable. Sorry for everyone up north, but it's springy enough for me to sip lemonade on the patio and that's just what I'm going to do.

I used passion fruit tea bags, but you can try any kind of tea you want. I think the passion fruit tea gave the drink a lovely color and I wanted a tropical flavor. If you want a more traditional Arnold Palmer, use black tea bags.

The lemonade adds enough sweetness that no other sugar is needed.


Put the tea bags into a heat proof container. I used two mugs and split the tea bags between the mugs. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.


Let the tea bags sit in the water until the brewed tea comes to room temperature. Once the brewed tea is cooled, remove the tea bags. Mix together the tea and the lemonade. I used the bottle that the lemonade came in and drank a glass or two while the tea was brewing. Chill the passion fruit lemonade and enjoy!



Passion Fruit Lemonade

Ingredients

6 passion fruit tea bags
2 1/2 cups of boiling water
5 1/2 cups of lemonade

Directions

Place the tea bags in a heat proof container. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.

Let the tea bags sit in the water until the water comes to room temperature.

Mix together the brewed tea and the lemonade, removing the tea bags. Chill.


Woo spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment